Thursday, October 28, 2010

Finally!

So I've finally been able to spend some time on this blog!  Let me bring you up to date on where I've been...  It's been two weeks since I left on the trip.  Made it to Twin Falls, ID after the first day of driving...  Would have made it further, but leaving at 1:30pm will set you back a little.  No matter though, as I made it up to Issaquah, WA the next day, where I stayed for a the first weekend with a friend of mine and her family (thanks Alycia and family!).  Left that Monday morning for Astoria, where I spent the next day.  On the way, I had a guy pull straight out in front my direction of traffic as I was approaching quickly (as he obviously had not seen myself or the motorcycle close behind me) and I ended up having to swerve aggressively to avoid him.  He might have been 650 years old.  Just a guess, I can't prove it...  Spent the next number of days making my way down the Oregon coast, stopping at random times for random things.  Discovered that I have a knack for somehow neglecting to stop for the obvious tourist attractions but then driving 3 more miles and stopping at the most ridiculous little "pull off" a civil engineer could have possibly thought up.  Sometimes it plays to my favor, other times, probably not, ha.  Oh well.

Moving on, I continued my journey into California.  Stopped by Trees of Mystery to ride the gondola and see some of the coastal Redwoods.  Nothing short of awesome (pics to come).  Continued to make my way further down the coast before venturing inland a bit into Sacramento, where I am currently staying with my cousin.  I will soon be leaving for San Francisco and beyond!  On Wed., Nov. 3rd, I will be getting to race a 911, a Cayman, a Boxster, the Lotus Elise S/C, the Elise Exige, and a V8 M3 at the famous Laguna Seca Racetrack in Monterey for the entire day.  Yes, Christmas is on Nov. 3rd this year...


More pics to come shortly!  (See below for some of the first ones)

Stay shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment