Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sacramento and San Francisco

Left with a fresh desire to live in an epic treehouse, it was on to Sacramento, where my cousin was kind enough to take me in for a couple days (thanks Lexi!).  Sacramento is an interesting city, in my opinion.  It has a very distinct feeling to it.  Miles different from either LA or San Francisco, but still a strong California feel.  I spent some of an afternoon walking around "Old Town" Sac, which feels basically straight out of the early 1900's with wooden boardwalks and candy shops.  From the limited amount of time I spent in Sac, it definitely has a much more "quaint" feeling to it (for a big city of course) than either of the two aforementioned.  One of the other fun things for me to do in new places is workout in new gyms, haha.  Call me weird, but I do.  And in Sac, I got workouts in 3 of the biggest 24 hour fitness's (which reminds me... I'm going to keep a tally of how many different gyms I hit, not that really any of you probably actually care, but I find it entertaining because they all have their own feel and are actually quite reflective of a city's people).  And let me just say how racially diverse California is compared to Colorado.  In one of the gyms, I'm pretty sure I was the ONLY Caucasian.  It was kind of cool actually.  And one of the things I've noticed about both Sac and San Francisco is that the people are really nice, in general.

Anyways, after leaving Sacramento, it was over to San Francisco to stay for a couple nights with a good friend (thanks Kat!) and her boyfriend in the heart of the city.  And even though I was only there for a short time, I managed to cram a lot in.  The first day, I ended up taking about an 8 or 9 mile hike around the city (specifically around the Golden Gate Park area) and then a group of us went out that night for Halloween.  We had an interesting group: A walking Mona Lisa, a Kim Kardashian, a jester, a cat, and a Jason (Freddy vs Jason style).  Kat did an excellent job painting half of my face as an old man and I went as Benjamin Button's half brother. Now I know it's common knowledge that Mona Lisa watches your every move, but did you know it also drinks beer?


I know... You had no idea what you were getting yourself into when you started reading this blog...  Well, I'm sorry, it only gets worse from here. ;-)
The next day, a few of us decided to take a ferry out to Alcatraz Island to see the prison and take a tour...  Which I will tell you all about in the next post!

Stay shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment